Çatalhöyük Video on Blue Peter
Deadline: Monday, October 22, 2012 by 08:00
In 2009, presenters Andy Akinwolere, Helen Skelton and Joel Defries took a trip from Europe to Asia in the annual Blue Peter Summer Expedition. Their main destination wass Turkey and one of the world's largest and best-preserved Stone Age sites, Çatalhöyük.
Watch the short video below, starting at 1:25 for Çatalhöyük, and answer the following questions on the blog:
1. How many archaelogists have been digging in Çatalhöyük to find out what life was like in the ancient city?
2. According to the program Blue Peter, what is "gold dust" to archaelogists and why?
3. What is the name of the time period of the late Stone Age, from 8,000-9,000 years ago?
4. What is the black volcanic rock called which is found all over Çatalhöyük?
5. What did the people of Çatalhöyük do with their dead relatives?